A friend of you wants to improve his grade, what suggestions would you give to him?
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Gifts that people make by themselves are more meaningful than those bought in the stores.
The university has announced a new requirement for students to complete at least 16 hours of non-profit community service before graduation.
The girl supports this new requirement.
1. The experience of working for the community can help students find a good job after graduation. She uses her cousin as an example, who changed his goal and has successfully found a job as a teacher after his community service experience.
2. Another advantage is that students can practice what they have learned at school and share what they know with community members while working for the community.
Question: Explain the girl’s opinion and why she holds that opinion.
Animals can be carried by sth in the environment without using their own efforts to find food resources.
Let’s take spider as an example. As we all know spiders can move by walking or jumping, but that won’t let them go far. Sometimes spiders will use winds to help them move. They climb onto a high point, say the top of a tree, and then generate silk. Because spiders are light, the wind will carry them when they attach to the silk and give them a free ride.
The man lent his mathematic book to his friend Ted, but the book got ruined, all soaked out when left outside.
The woman suggests two possible solutions.
The first one is to ask Ted to buy a new copy for him. But it’s very expensive.
The second one is to use the copy in the library as the professor put the material on reserved for them. But he can only read the book in the library.
Two kinds of people and how they use different strategies when making choices.
1. Maximize: They always try to evaluate among different alternatives before deciding on the best. For example, students who study journalism have the possibilities of working for newspaper, magazine or other kinds of media, so they will often look through all these possibilities before they finally choose their job.
2. Satisfier: This type of people is satisfied with whatever meets his or her basic requirement. For example, a law student will most probably be satisfied with a job as a lawyer, as long as the salaries are reasonable.
Describe a special friend in your childhood. And explain why he/she was important to you.
Which professor would you like to follow when you choose a course, a boring professor with low grading standard or an interesting professor with strict grading standard?
A student suggests that the psychology department should create a students' magazine for two reasons.
1. It can show the students that their hard work is put into papers and study;
2. It will honor the students whose papers are selected.
The woman holds a positive idea.
1. Having papers published will show their outstanding academic background and will be good for their future career;
2. It can also provide a model of paper writing for new students studying psychology.
Question: Explain the woman’s opinion and why she holds that opinion.
Some disadvantages might change your decision during the course of accomplishing one goal.
One of the professor’s friends dreams to be a teacher. But he needs to prepare the lessons and supervise the student’s thesis, which takes him quite amount of time. But he enjoys staying with students.
The woman has a problem that she was told by her landlord that the building she lives had been sold out, and she has to move out in several days.
There are two possible solutions.
1. Stay with her friend Sarah, but it’s not convenient;
2. Move to the apartment that she looked at last week, but the apartment is too far from the school.
Tropical plants in the mountain area develop special physical traits in order to adapt to local environment.
There are two main physical changes in these plants’ evolution:
1. Radiation in tropical area can be harsh. Mountain plants develop special cells like hair to block intense sunlight.
2. Temperature changes dramatically during the day and at night in mountain areas. So some local plants develop a set of larger leaves on top to keep warm at night when temperature is below 0℃.